Semi-final challenge finally! (lol pun~) Congratulations on having made it thus far, the icons submitted this round have all been pretty amazing, and good luck!
LET'S PLAY A WORD-ASSOCIATION GAME.
MAGAZINE SHOTS = PRETTY = PUBLIC = ADVERTISEMENTS = ANNOYINGLY EYE-CATCHING = BRIGHT
For this challenge, you only have a single theme option. Depending on your interpretation of this theme, you may make your icon accordingly.
›› You will have to make an icon featuring one of these three most striking of bright colours: red, yellow or orange.
›› Your icon will have to include text with lyrics (three or more consecutive words) from one of these three songs. (Special Units Special!) Seishun Amigo, Colorful or Kizuna. Please stick to these three links, and do not make use of other translations or the Romaji which we haven't provided here.
›› Since this is a mix and match-it challenge (in a way - one of three and one of three), the common theme running through this is that there must be absolutely no texture use whatsoever (by textures, we loosely define it as including gradients, lights, stock, grunge etc.) though you may still use default graphics programme functions like the solid colour overlays, round tip brushes and so on. If you are uncertain of this since I've tried to define it as clearly as possible, please ask in a comment.
Remember, you do not have to make an icon featuring your chosen Idol-character representing you during this challenge. Your icon merely has to satisfy either of the themes set for the week, featuring any JE boy.
The deadline for this challenge is Monday, 22nd of June, at 8.00PM EDT [-4:00 GMT].
Please use a timezone convertor to ensure that you've got the right date/time.
You cannot use a bye [skip] for this challenge. If you do not submit your icon on time, you will be disqualified.
Please submit with your friendly neighbourhood copy-paste box!
Please feel more than free to interpret the theme how you would like! We encourage wide interpretation. Be sure, however, that your icon fits the theme. If you feel that your icon may need explanation, please explain; it will help us determine the suitability of your submission. If you have questions about the theme or the validity of your interpretation, please feel free to contact us. If your icon does not fit the theme, we will inform you. You will have until the submission deadline to correct it.
Please ensure that all fields are filled up with the appropriate information, or you may be asked to resubmit your icon.
• You may only submit one icon for this challenge.
• Your icon must fit the theme provided.
• Your icon must conform to LiveJournal standards; 100x100 and 40 kb or less.
• Do not promote your icon, and do not post, display, or otherwise use your icon anywhere on the Internet until after this Round is over and the results have been posted, or you will be disqualified from the round. This includes telling your friends about your icon. You may not reveal your character at any point until the Round is over.
• We strongly recommend that you read comments for additional clarification of the theme, guidelines and interpretation. Very often, we will answer questions posed by other contestants and our replies will be left unscreened should you have similar concerns or questions.